Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Hi, My wife and my 5 years old son were walking on side road

My wife and my 5 years old son were walking on side road pathway, my son fell on some conceret blocks that were installed as decoration infront on a brand new chain shop right in the middle of the pathway, his forhead was broken and he was rushed to hospital by 911 ambulance, he got couple stitches and too much bleeding and ..., i was called from work so i had to leave early ....., my sone missed his swiming class and my wife is truly scared to even look at the accident spot when we passing by the place. The accident affected our normal life for a while and still ongoing treatments and ....
The store isolated the conceret decoration for a week and they ventualy destroyed the hazzardus decoration

I was wondering is there any law that can help us press charge against the company who blocked peoples pathway and caused this much truble for us?

Ty
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

Was this on public property or private property?

Was this accident reported to the store?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was just infront of the store on street. So i am not sure it considered a public place or private.

And we didnt repot to the store but their first aid atendant came out of the store and help my son before ambulance arrive
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
This is such a terrible story. I am so sorry this happened to your family.

I would say that you have an excellent chance of having the store give you an offer to settle which would most likely come from their insurers.

So what I suggest you do ( and I am sure they are expecting this) is have a lawyer who does personal injury law send them a letter, demanding compensation and threatening a lawsuit.

They do not want to be sued, this involves a child and a 911 call and they took the decorations out which is acknowledging that this was their fault. I don't think you should send the letter on your own. Even though you will have to pay a lawyer for the letter this one letter is going to be worth the money.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:

604.687.3221 or 1.800.663.1919.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer