Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I need a good divorce lawyer. We have 3 girls, married and

I need a good divorce lawyer. We have 3 girls, married and blessed us with 12 grandchildren another on the way, We have been married for 34 years. We live on a quarter of land, which used to belong to my mom and dad. In 34 years there has never been a month go buy where he called me names, ridicule in front of mainly family, puts me down. He's robbed me of my self esteem and to the point I feel scared of him and he knows this. 20 years ago, I did CPR on my dad. When EMTs arrived, I raised my hands,
meaning they took over. 2 weeks later, I had my first panic, Called my sister (Shaking,
Crying and I couldn't sit down for fear of dyeing. My other brother took me to the hospital. Dr. Griffin gave all sorts of pills to calm me down. Two days later, Case(husband) because Dr. told him too. He wanted to keep me in the hospital, I was having severe depression (nervous breakdown). Case said no and took me home. Dr. Griffin gave me bromazepam (tranquilizer). A year later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, myofacial pain syndrome, chronic pain all over my body, osteoporouses, Rhumitoid arthritis, mygrains every day, A mini stroke. Now that you know a little about me I'm just going back 2 years before my mom died. Mom and I we're extremely close. cause she also had depression. She was my support system. Every Friday we went t town for groceries and everytime she came to my place. Mom always said 'he's going to kill you', not with a gun or anything, just putting me down, telling me what to do...........Case was married before an had custody of his son, John. I tried to keep him at our place, then my first born, Jill would have a big brother. When it came to John, nothing I ever did or said was not good enough. I worked like a slave, and I do have a bill for him, it's all of the things I did working on the farm. Now I'm going back to December 2012. Dr.Lowe put me in the hospital for low potassium. I had pancreatitis, where they rushed me to Edmonton.Then came back to Mayerthorpe Hospital and spent a month. Not once did he ever come to see me. When I was released my daughter Jill took me in cause I was never to be alone. He would stop there once in a while, not to see me. Jill asked me if I could gohome because her step children were moving in. So I did. The only reason Case wanted me home was for one thing and one thing only. He made me feel like a prostitute. I have a walker and cane, not to be left alone and to give me my meds on time. For 20 years he always had a holiday, in 20 years I never had one cause I can't sit very long on a motorbike. Our youngest daughter, Lisa lost her husband to cancer. That's when Case would babysit, this went on for 3 years. Mykenzi and Lisa are his PRINCESSES. It hurts me other 2 daughters and their kids. As a matter of fact my oldest granddaughter asked me why Grandpa loves Mykenzi more than me? Not only does he hurt the other grandkids, he's also hurting his daughters. He lies so much that I think he believes it. He a twit that the world revolves around him. I just came out of the hospital about a week and a half. My oldest brother sent his wife to come and get me. Mainly cause he knew I would go back to my old ways. My psychologist worries about me, and calls one of my daughters. Monday he closed our joint account. I saw red!!! We have a company account. Called the bank and had them transfer 2500.00 into my own account. Knowing Case, he wouldn't do this on his own, he had to be told. I am 4 hours away from home. What was I gonna live on and pay my way. My brother will not take me back home cause he knows I will get in that rut again. My brother Ted and this is thru tears, "he's gonna kill you.........I'm suppose to go first.........not my youngest sister. NOW, I want a divorce ASP. He got an inheritance of I believe 130,000. I didn't see a penny, He also sold one of the quarters of land for 90,000.00. Never saw a penny of that too. I want to keep the quarter that we live in. Now there are 3 titles on that land, Case,mine and daughter Jill. Jill's husband had said that Jill and I would not have to buy him out because he never let me have half of the inheritance and the land he sold I never got half of that either so he figures we already bought him out with inheritance and the land he sold. All the psychologists I've seen have all said, " What are you doing here, you're fine" it's your husband that should be here. There is a lot more but I would be writing a novel. I think you got the jist of it all.

,.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

I am saddened to hear this terrible story.

We cannot act for you but are you asking me to suggest some ways on finding a lawyer? I can do that for sure.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Go for it,

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-800-661-1095 or
403-228-1722 in Calgary

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/Directory/DirectoryContent/FindLawyersOrFirm.aspx
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do I get my husband off the home quarter?

Is he violent?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sometimes. I have asked for alimony of $2000.00. He told me to get off my butt and go work. (like I could work now

Sometimes. I had asked him for alimony of $2000.00 per month. He told me to get off my butt and go to work. Not in my condition. I would rather go thru a mediator than a lawyer.

You cannot get him out of the home at this point.

You could if he was violent.

Then you can call 911 and he will be removed and placed under a restraining order.

But otherwise you cannot get him out anymore than he can get you out.

You may need to resolve all the issues before this happens unfortunately.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

What about alimony? Mediator no lawyer.

A mediator means you are trying to come to an agreement.

That's always best.

But it's not really best to mediate without lawyers. It doesn't sound like you are in equal positions of power, and how can you settle when you really don't know what you are entitled to by law.

So really the best approach is to mediate with lawyers.

And then if that doesn't work you will need a Court to decide.
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer