Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

i would like to know how to sue an ex friend for missing items

i would like to know how to sue an ex friend for missing items that were not returned to me as i asked for.

You can sue for the return of the items in small claims court. This is a legal action called "replevin", for return of property. In the alternative to that you can sue for a money judgment in the value of the property, in case he claims he no longer has the belongings.

It is usually best to send a registered letter ahead of time telling him that he must turn over the property by some set time, such as ten days, failing which you will proceed to sue.

A lawyer is not mandatory for such a claim. But if you want to use one, the Law Society of Upper Canada has information on their free referral service at their website.

The following web address (sorry, I cannot attach a live link) has a great deal of information on the small claims court and the procedure you will need to follow:

If you review this and have any other specific question, please let me know.

I hope this is helpful. If you have no further questions, please rate the answer positively, as otherwise the site does not credit me, even if you have paid a deposit. You can still ask follow up questions after rating though, if you wish.