Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Is there anything I can do to protect my kids ? He is generallyo.k.

Is there anything I can do to protect my kids ? He is generallyo.k. with them but is grumpy, angry, intimidating at least 5 days out of 7 and he can be very ocd and passive aggressive with them including making fun of them when they are upset.
You can apply for sole custody with the father having access.

If he sees them less that may work best for now.

You would have to prove to the Court that what you are asking for is in the children's best interests.

At their ages, their wishes would be given considerable weight as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX want to keep them out of things as much as possible, I will have to hope things work ok with they have a say, between just their father and I, if they don;t want to visit either one of us? He has already told the youngest to 'stay with him' but I would never do that to any of if at some point they do not wish to see him/me can they choose to stay only with one parent?

They cannot be forced against their will at these ages.

But if there is an order a parent has to comply so if a child refuses to see a parent when there is an order it has to be very clear that is coming from the child.
Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.You will be sent an email with the survey in a couple of days.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!