Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was sent a notice of release in full for a judgement. The

I was sent a notice of release in full for a judgement. The judgement was filed by the creditor and upon receiving it I paid in full without any court involvement. Does this mean that the judgement was withdrawn completely or simply satisfied? I guess im looking for the legal difference between released in full vs satisfied for judgement letters. I have to inform the credit bureaus to clear this judgement off my credit report. If released in full means it no longer exists than I will not need to pursue to have the judgement vacated whereas if it simply means satisfied then I will try to get the judgement vacated...on a side note the credit bureau does distinguish the words released and satisfied separately. Thanks...Newfoundland.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

There is actually no such thing as withdrawing a judgment.

Had you paid the claim before Judgment you would have been able to have the plaintiff withdraw the claim.

But that did not happen.

So there is nothing to withdraw. Judgment has been rendered.

To vacate a Judgment would have to have an appeal and win so the judgment is rendered void.

But for an appeal there needs to be an error of law.

That is why the credit report agency does not distinguish these things they way you are thinking. You have a valid Judgment and you've paid it. So the Judgment will remain on your file unfortunately.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. That does answer the question regarding the credit report...how about the difference between a satisifed judgement and a judgement released in full....I'd of thought that they were the same thing except that both terms are distinguished separately... how do they differ? Thanks and that's the last piece of information I was looking for to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks again

I don't actually think there is any difference.

Can you show me where you see that there is a distinction? I am happy to read what you've found but to my knowledge they are the same thing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. That satisfies my curiosity

Anytime.
Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.You will be sent an email with the survey in a couple of days.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!