Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

Hello Jim, I asked you a question 27 days ago about my sons

Hello Jim,

I asked you a question 27 days ago about my son's friend turning left in an intersection and the light turns red and the other guy ran a red light and hit him..I'm now looking for a lawyer in Edmonton or Fort Saskatchewan Alberta...can you refer me to a Lawyer who will go to court with us if needed? Thanks, Tom

Copperlaw :

Hi Tom

Copperlaw :

I can absolutely help with that.

Copperlaw :

In Alberta, the Law Society maintains a Lawyer Referral Service which will connect you with three lawyers in your area selected specifically for your needs. Through this service, you will be entitled to a free consultation with each of them, so there is no cost to you to check them out and decide who you want to go with

Copperlaw :

1-800-661-1095 is the toll-free number for them

Copperlaw :

You may also want to have a look at your local yellow pages under Traffic Ticket defense companies. There are a number of them

Copperlaw :

On looking myself, I see that there is one which employs former police officers, traffic specialists, former provincial prosecutors etc.

Copperlaw :

trafficticketdefence.ca

Copperlaw :

They indicate that they also provide a free consultation and they'd likely be less expensive than hiring a lawyer, as these people are often paralegals or "agents" who are able to appear on your behalf,

Copperlaw :

This doesn't always mean they aren't as good as a licensed lawyer, as they do this stuff all the time and have diverse backgrounds.

Copperlaw :

One thing you'll want to ask about is their relationship with the prosecutors, as any lawyer or agent you hire should have a good and fair working relationship with the prosecutor

Copperlaw :

If they don't have a good relationship or don't get along, then it's less likely that the prosecutor would be open to resolving the matter and this could cost you $, time and a potential conviction

Copperlaw :

people will say that prosecutors should treat all matters equally, however practice has shown that lawyers or agents who don't have a good relationship with, or make things difficult for the prosecutor or don't concede things they should, generally have a difficult time getting the prosecutor to do the same for them... That's human nature

Copperlaw :

Please let me know if you require anything else at all as I am happy to chat further

Customer:

Thanks for the information. I will try calling the number you provided tomorrow or else I will try the traffic defense company.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help! Tom Douglas

You are so very welcome!