Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

I was asked to be a co signer a year ago by a friend who had

I was asked to be a co signer a year ago by a friend who had bad credit. Their credit was so bad that the couldnt get the loan for the vehicle. I was asked to take on the loan and that she would make the payments. We agreed that after a year she would apply for financing to pay off the loan and to own the vehicle in full. She is now wanting to give the vehicle to me and walk away from everything. leaving me to deal with the vehicle and the loan. Even though the vehicle is registered in her name. Which by Ontario (Canada) and Newbrunswick (Canada) Law the vehicle is hers. Could I sue her? What are my options?

Yes, you could try to sue her for the breach of your agreement that she would get financing and pay off the loan after one year. Her breach of that is leaving you at risk of having to be responsible for it and tying up your credit.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can you provide refs?
No, we are not allowed to refer to specifc Lawyers here due to site policies. This is not want lawyers using this site just to try and develop their own clients. You can contact the Law Society of upper Canada, which has a free lawyer referal ervice. There's information on this at their website. Any lawyer referred to you by that service is to give you a free initial consultation. You'll want to ask for lawyers who practice in the area of civil litigation or contract law.