Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Ex husband has children Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon every second week. He

Ex husband has children Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon every second week.
He pays me child support and spousal support. Our kids "pack" suitcases to go for visits with dad, but are tired of this. I have asked dad to take them shopping for clothes for his house that they can just leave there. He refuses, telling me that he pays child support so It is my financial responsibility to provide clothing for both residences? I required to purchase clothing out of my budget for children to have at dads home?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

No you aren't but you cannot force him to buy clothes either so they may have to keep bringing things up and back for now.

But perhaps they can ask him if they can have a few things to keep at his house and when he realizes that they want this and they won't take the stuff home that may work.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.You will be sent an email with the survey in a couple of days.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!