Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

my lawyer told me he is on medical leave.What happens to my

my lawyer told me he is on medical leave.What happens to my litigation case?

In all likelihood, the case will just be put on hold until he returns. You could hire a different lawyer or request his office/firm have another lawyer there handle it, but if you want to stick with that same lawyer, you'd have to wait until he returns in good health.

In the interim, you may want to notify the other party (and possibly the courts too) that you are still proceeding with the case, though it will be temporarily on hold on account of your lawyer's health. If you can't get hold of anyone from his office to do this for you, then you may wish to consider drafting a letter yourself and including the email saying he's on medical leave, then providing this letter to the other party and courts so that they know the situation and won't try to take any significant steps in the down time.

Hopefully that is of assistance.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: My communication is general legal information only and is not intended to be relied upon. This information is not legal advice, nor is it a substitute for such, and if you are seeking legal advice then it is recommended that you retain an attorney. There is no guarantee as to the accuracy of this information, nor shall I be held liable for any claim, demand or damages, actual or consequential, of any kind or nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected to this information or the issue it pertains to. No solicitor-client relationship has been created by this communication.