Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

I hired a small company to do my yard clean up in spring and

I hired a small company to do my yard clean up in spring and they came in started the job it started to rain I payed them then they never came back and finished the company owner promesd me yard service for the year for free to make up for how long it was taking them to complete the job then I was told that someone stold her truck and she would not be able to complete the job I have been trying to get my money back for months and mean while I had to get some one in to clean my yard that was now over growen because I was waiting for the original person to finish I payed 500 to the first company for the job and then had to pay 1500 to the second for the same job but harded due to the over growth what can I do

Copperlaw :

Hi There

Copperlaw :

You have a couple of options. You could take this person/company to Small Claims Court to recoup your losses, including the added expense caused by their delay, or if you feel that their actions are more fraudulent than simply poor customer service, then you may be able to have them investigated by your local police for fraud, falling under what is typically "renovation/home repair" fraud.

Copperlaw :

Such criminal offenses generally pick up in the summer.

Copperlaw :

I'm not certain what your age is, however it is quite common to find people 50+ being targeted by such criminals, as they can often be strung along with excuses and are less likely to report these fraudulent acts.

Copperlaw :

You never know, this person may be doing this to others, may have a history of it, and you may prevent someone else from being a victim if this is what's going on.

Copperlaw :

I look forward to hearing from you as I am happy to chat about this further

Copperlaw :

Also, a positive rating is greatly appreciated if you were to be so kind at some point.

Copperlaw :

Regards, Jim