Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Debra! Case #XXXXX; the Mother has communicated that she wants

Debra! Case #XXXXX; the Mother has communicated that she wants to adjust the one child's mid-week dinner visit with each of the parents (the child goes for a dinner visit with the non-care parent each week for a few hours). She is claiming that the camp program the kids are in have very long days and that these visits should be reduced by a full hour. We told her that she was more than welcome to pick the child up from us for the reduced amount of time if she was so inclined, but that we would be co
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Your post got cut-off but I think I know what you were saying.

So essentially the mother has to understand that you both need to agree with changes.

So you can tell her that it's nice to hear her point of view (ha ha) but this is what you are agreeable to and what you are not and set it out and that's it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here's the rest of what I wrote:

"but that we would be continuing on with the regular schedule for the child because there is no need to vary it (as the camp schedule doesn't actually conflict with these visits). She is insisting that vary it, because she has 'always been the parent who has had the kids in this camp and knows the times/schedules of everything" blah blah blah, and that she is all of sudden concerned for the child's consistency!?"

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Well, things change, the rules have changed and the answer you've provided is a clear no.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Plus, this was a recommendation that was turned into the order by the OCL. This child desires one-on-one time with each of the parents, and the OCL determined that this was the best solution. We are actually going to a meeting with the camp this week (that way we can determine what the realities of the camp are versus her 'truths'), but we would like to respond back to her before that as the kids are starting camp this week as well and there will be a dinner visit before our meeting to deal with :S

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You can tell her that custody is joint, the order is clear and you are insisting on it being adhered to at this time.

But she is not to worry because, as always, you will continue to act in the best interests of the child.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, that all makes sense and you know as well as we do, whatever we respond with she will make an issue out of anyway. Thank you so much and I'm sure I'll be writing to you again this week! Happy Canada Day :)

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You too!
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer