Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

what is Canadas equivalent of the Logan Act?

what is Canada's equivalent of the Logan Act?

There is no specific equivalent to that legislation.

If the person was knowingly trying to negotiate on behalf of Canada and knew they did not have legal authority to do so that could potentially still be charged with fraud under section 380 of the criminal code.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess what I meant was, what law stops Canadian politicians from meeting with foreign politicians or leaders of industry behind closed doors to screw the tax payers with backdoor deals?

There is no such law, other than of course the politician being voted out of office.

If the politician was taking a bribe or so on or involved in a conflict of interest then be or she could be charged with breach of trust, a criminal charge under the criminal code. But there is no law that can be used to try and prosecute a politician for making a deal on behalf of the government. It is up to the voters to decide if there were bad deals made or not on their behalf.

Even the Logan Act in the US has never actually been used in a single prosecution.
I am not sure why you are rating my service as poor. Perhaps you are shooting the messenger. I have answered your question and it is not my fault there is no law that you think should exist.