Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

Does Canada have anything similar to the "Sale of Goods Act"

Does Canada have anything similar to the "Sale of Goods Act" that makes it illegal for any merchant to sell 'used' items as 'new'?

IIRC, I believe there is something in existence but not sure.

What province are you in? That is an area of provincial jurisdiction, so there is no such federal law.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In Newfoundland the legislation is called the Consumer Protection and Business Practices Act. It establishes that it is an illegal as an unfair business practice to make: "a representation that the goods are new or unused where they are not or where they are reconditioned, reclaimed, altered or deteriorated". Or to make "a representation that the goods have a particular prior history or use where they have not"

You can view the full Act for free on line at a website called Canlii. Here is a web address (Sorry I cannot attach a live link)