Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Is there presently a lawsuit against Biomet Canada regarding

Is there presently a lawsuit against Biomet Canada regarding hip replacements? I will be getting my 5th hip (3 replacements) shortly. I have a metal on metal replacement and I have been told that I have pusedotumors, high ion levels, and I now walk with a constantly limp. There is continuous pain/discomfort. My first replacement is working well. It is NOT metal on metal.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please continue to search for the answer as I still do not have clarification as to whether there is a class action suit against Biomet for metal on metal hip replacements. If there is not how do I go about starting a suit.? Please advise.
Thanks
Hi Wayne,

We will search for a Canada legal expert for you.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

I am not able to find any lawsuit of this sort in Canada though there is a class action against this company in the US as you likely know.

I suggest that you contact the law firm at the link I am providing. They will know for sure and they may also be interested in starting a class action if there is not one. They are one of Canada's leading class action law firms.

http://www.classaction.ca/index.aspx?_vsrefdom=cpc-google+classaction&gclid=CMKa3Ym3ibgCFaxaMgodZX0Azw

I hope that helps as a starting point.
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer