Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have a contract signed for a loan with someone who asked

I have a contract signed for a loan with someone who asked me to pay an amount of 349usd prior having the loan transfer which I did pay. The lender is asking now an additional VAT fee which is not mentioned in the contract. I am in the right to refuse and ask my money back since I didn't get the loan as of today and it has been more than a week that the contract have been signed? Can I go to authorities for a breach of contract or fraud?

I tried to asked him my money back, which he doesn't want to give back as supposedly, the money is already been transferred and his head office don't refund the money or I don't know what...I  told him clearly that he was currently in a breach of contract since the fee wans't mentioned in the contract and since I had paid the 349USD and haven't the loan amount in my bank acount.

Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

I am sorry this happened to you.

I believe you very well may be the victim of a scam.

You do not pay money to lenders of money.

Any charges are added to your loan.

This is a common scam and I am concerned you have been taken.

Do not pay them anything more.

And demand your money back.

But I don't think you will be able to find them to enforce this.

If this is happening over the Internet you should do a google search and you will see what I mean.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your answer.

This is what I started to think. However, he has provided me with a driver's license and signature on the contract and his driver's license was the same.

I have already asked for my money back but he doesn't want to pay back. Is there any way I can get it back from him?

Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.You will be sent an email with the survey in a couple of days.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!