Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Hello,The avionics company I work for is under the control

Customer Question

The avionics company I work for is under the control of Transport Canada and thus falls under the regulations of the Federal Labor Board. I was recently advised that the accountant has been docking my pay for absences, which is normal. However they have also been docking my vacation pay and thus the number of vacation days I have accrued at the same time. In seven years of working for this company nothing was ever said about the use of this process. Recently I posted my notice on the company board for vacations indicating my intention to go to Cuba for 2 weeks beginning May 12. This notice was viewed by the owner and president for some time before I left. He was obviously aware that my vacation time was in arrears and could have said something so that I didn't take the vacation and make things much worse, but nothing was said. I have worked for 3 other companies for 30 years and have never been denied vacation time because of the accrued loss of vacation time due to the vacation portion of my absences. I feel this is odd and I was purposely kept in the dark about it until I got back from my last vacation when I was advised I owed them $2140.00 in vacation pay. Is this normal? I need to know where I stand and would appreciate your opinion.

Wally Hare
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I will continue waiting.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fran,

I have to go to work now but will pick up whatever your response is at lunch time. Thank you.

wally

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. We're still searching for an expert at this time.
Expert:  Wendy-Moderator replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fran,

Yes I will continue waiting although I don't understand why it is so dificult to find someone who is knowledgeable about the matter.

Thank you again for your patience, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Our professionals specialize in different fields and one who can help with your particular question hasn't been online yet. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wendy,

OK I will continue waiting and monitoring my email from time to time.

wally

Thank you, Wally.

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

At this time, we can offer you two options. You can choose to either have us return your good faith deposit back to its original funding source OR you may keep your deposit in your JustAnswer account to use for a future question.

We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I would like you to refund my $39.00 to my Mastercard and I will deal directly with the Federal Labor Board. You know, it is rather deceitful to say that you have people there who can answer these questions when all you are doing is trying to find someone on line who knows something about it. If I had known that was what you were doing I never would have bothered.