Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

My fiancee is being audited and stands to owe a possible $7000

My fiancee is being audited and stands to owe a possible $7000 in income tax if her appeal is rejected. When I marry her in BC, will I be liable for her debts?
Hello: marrying someone does not make you responsible for their debts in any way. Unless you sign a paper agreeing to guarantee or co sign on her debts, you will not be responsible.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I am resting easier now. She has also offered to protect me from any expenses related to her properties, should she be unable to continue to maintain them. So, I assume that I have no worries in that direction?

Her creditors can never come after you directly.

But if the two of you separate and there is a division of your family property, then debts she acquires during the marriage can factor into that division. So you could in effect have to pay to half of her debts. So an agreement by he that she will be responsible for those debts and they will not be included in the division still will have some value to you.