Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

Is it legal for dept of motor vehicles to make an ignitio interlock

Is it legal for dept of motor vehicles to make an ignitio interlock mandatory?

It isn't the Dept of MV specifically who is making this rule, but rather they're abiding by the legislative enactments currently in place which mandate the ignition interlock after someone has been found guilty of an impaired driving offence. This law has been found to be constitutional, so it is legal to make ignition interlock mandatory in such cases.

Hopefully that is of assistance.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: My communication is general legal information only and is not intended to be relied upon. This information is not legal advice, nor is it a substitute for such, and if you are seeking legal advice then it is recommended that you retain an attorney. There is no guarantee as to the accuracy of this information, nor shall I be held liable for any claim, demand or damages, actual or consequential, of any kind or nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected to this information or the issue it pertains to. No solicitor-client relationship has been created by this communication.