Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

During a hearing where the defendants lawyer submitted a late

During a hearing where the defendant's lawyer submitted a late application to be heard and dismiss a default hearing, the lawyer admitted that the landlord's agent did not consider the RTO to be a real court and their judgements had no validity. This should be a matter of court record. Can I apply to the court for a transcript of the proceedings in order to submit it as evidence at an RTO hearing? How do I go about obtaining these records?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

Yes you can.

You have to contact the Court to ask how to order them.

You will need to pay for them.

Then for Court purposes you will have to provide the other side with a copy if you are using the transcripts in the trial.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I view the transcript before paying for them? Does the court clerk record verbatim what was said or is it a summary? If I have to pay regardless and the transcript turns out to be of no use and I win my case anyway, can I claim it as an expense?

Thank you.

You gave to pay to have them produced.

They are typed word for word.

You have to pay regardless.