How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Law.Hut Your Own Question

Law.Hut, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 7846
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Law.Hut is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Court case #XXXXX the last time was on front

Resolved Question:

Court case #XXXXX the last time was on front of 3 judges in the court of appeal in Ontario. This was December 17-2009. The decision of the court ; was-this case is not going any further un till court costs have been paid. Court cost of appr. $10,000 have been paid. Can this court case advance further in the court soistem. 

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Law.Hut replied 2 years ago.



If the only bar to the case going forward was the court order that required payment of costs first, then once that bar has been address, yes, the case could proceed.


The other side can apply to the court to seek that the appeal be dismissed. But they need to serve you with paperwork to do so and you would have an opportunity to be heard on that point before any further order is made. Unless and until such an order is made, the court action could proceed.


They may be able to seek and obtain such an order given the long length of time since the court made the order for payment of costs, arguing that their case in the last 4 years has been prejudiced because of the delay. If for example some witness that they rely upon has died, or can no longer be found, they may be able to argue that their case has been damaged irretrievably due to delay since 2009, and that the case can no longer proceed. This is called asking for dismissal for want of prosecution. But again, until the court decides such an issue, the court action can continue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Very incouriging.


Now---I have been traing to find experienced lawyer with the court of appeal and suprim court of Canada.


Can you refur me to someone with this qualificans and skill to pursue my court case.


Expert:  Law.Hut replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I cannot. That would violate site rules. You can contact the Law Society which may have a free referral service, or look at websites such as Lexpert or Canada Law List. .
Law.Hut, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 7846
Experience: with over 15 years experience.
Law.Hut and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Your Expert confirmed everything that I had been told, and didn't want to believe. Thank you for putting my mind at rest. Monika Canada
< Previous | Next >
  • Your Expert confirmed everything that I had been told, and didn't want to believe. Thank you for putting my mind at rest. Monika Canada
  • This has been very helpful. I'm glad to see that lawyers and sites like this exist. Thanks for your help. Mike Halifax, NS
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA

Meet The Experts:

  • Tom B.

    Barrister & Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    23 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Tom B.'s Avatar

    Tom B.

    Barrister & Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    23 years in practice
  • LawyerProfessor's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experienced Litigation Lawyer in Ontario since 1999 and NY since 1997
  • B.R. Hart's Avatar

    B.R. Hart


    Satisfied Customers:

    Juris Doctor, Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
  • Jeremie John Martin's Avatar

    Jeremie John Martin


    Satisfied Customers:

    I'm a bilingual attorney for the province of Quebec who goes to Court often for many clients.
  • Sokkalaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Lawyer in Ontario, Canada
  • CaptanLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I'm a criminal defence lawyer, who assists individuals charged with crimes.
  • Law Maven's Avatar

    Law Maven


    Satisfied Customers:

    Lawyer & Instructor at Algonquin Careers Academy

Related Canada Law Questions