Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

I lived with a woman in her residence for 1.5 yrs did some

I lived with a woman in her residence for 1.5 yrs did some renovations as I am a carpenter. took her on a trip thinking our relationship was on solid ground immediatly after returning from the trip I was told she no longer wanted to pursue the relationship I had paid her 1000.00 per month for her mortgage payment which I actually considered rent bought all the groceries and did all the cooking for the 1.5 yrs that I was there would I be entitled to at the very least the 2000.00 which was what her portion of the trip cost me

In Alberta there are no automatic property rights for division in a common-law relationship. It is not the same as with the legal marriage. You can have a claim, regarding assets owned by the other person, but only as far as you can prove contributions that were made towards the value of those assets, above and beyond any compensation that you may have received, such as room and board.

So you may have a claim towards the value of the residence based on renovations that you did, as well as perhaps the payments that you were making. But that would only be if you can prove that the value of all of those contributions was greater than any benefit you already received, such as rent.

You would not likely be able to claim any amount for the trip. This was paid by you voluntarily, more or less as a gift to the other person. There is no contract or agreement that you can sue on for repayment. Unfortunately, you likely have no legal grounds to be able to succeed in small claims court on that basis.