Law.Hut, Lawyer
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.

I was just released yesterday "without cause" after working

I was just released yesterday "without cause" after working 25 years and 3 months at this company in Regina Saskatchewan Canada.
I am 49 later this year and female(shouldn't make a difference but it does).
the package they wanted me to sign off on is 6 months pay plus the Saskatchewan standard 8 weeks severence if I sign off by by next week.
I was not in a manager position when I was let go, but earlier in my career I managed a department before we were bought out.
I am assuming I should have a labour lawyer read over my package and advise but just want to make sure.

Law.Hut : Hello: Yes, you likely should review this with an employment law lawyer. The amount of notice is not set by my fixes rules and can vary on the circumstances, but the amount you are being offered does seem on the low end given your long period of service with the employer. The length of service is generally the most important factor.

Thanks so much, that is what I will do, consult a labour lawyers.

Law.Hut :

Good luck. A small point, but you want to seek out lawyers perhaps that practice "employment law", versus labour law. Usually labour law refers to negotiation of collective agreements or union disputes, and employment law is dealing with individual employment situations or contracts like yours.

Law.Hut :

If you have no further questions at this time, please rate positively or the site does not credit me, even if you have paid a deposit. You can still ask further follow up questions after rating though if you wish.