How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 95606
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I apply for my mother to get her super visa, while

This answer was rated:

How can I apply for my mother to get her super visa, while she is here in Canada on a visitor visa now? Her passport is issued from Egypt and the Canadian Embassy in Egypt is closed now due to the current internal turbulence . Please advise ASAP how I can have my mom stay with me. She entered Canada Jan 5th 2013. And her visitor visa on the passport ends March 2013....Please
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

She is permitted to apply for this super visa from within Canada.

The information from Canada Immigration that explains how this works is set out here:

Let me know if you need further clarification.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Deborah, I skimmed through the link you sent, but there was no where the details I needed to apply for my mother to get her a super visa. The only relevant information in the link is about the Extension of Stay which I have already known before. I need please the exact way on how to apply for the super visa from within Canada. OR

Second: Where can my mother renew her visitor visa which was issued from Egypt,but now the Canadian embassy is closed there????


She applies from within Canada to extend her visa and as the page says she can do that by way of a supervisa.

Here is the form that she uses:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I already sent you the reply, I checked the form you sent me of IMM5257E but there is not mention of the supervisa in the form. Please advise


The two year extended stay is the supervisa.

Start reading here:

You will see there the supervisa is discussed. But that's the nickname really. The form will not say supervisa.

It is a visa that is for a long time.

So if you start reading the page then you will see that it shows you how to apply and then you will get to the form and the guide I already provided.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So if we use the form of IMM5257 you sent me, can we do this online? or I have to send it to a certain visa office here in Canada?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Sorry for the delay.

It's Family Day and my kids were hungry.

Here is where you send it:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you and happy family day to you.

I will go through the links in the morning and get back to you with probably more queries, cause I need to do this right.


Have a good night.



You too!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,

Can you please help me with this one? I went through the Temporary Resident Visa Application which is the form required in order to apply for the Parent Supervisa. My question is on the form, under Details of Visit to Canada: how should I fill this part out i.e. for ex. in part 2) Indicate how long you plan to it here we state the 10 year period????

Awaiting your advice. thanx

Yes you can state that there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thank you. As for the question on page 1 number 7) Current Country of Residence, should I fill this for my mother as Canada-Visitor-and the period she entered Canada on Jan 5th 2013? or they mean I should fill it with her Egypt information?


They want her info about Egypt as they are asking for her country of residency and not her current address.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great I was confused there.

Now to summarize because it is a lot of information out there.

1) the only thing we need to do is fill out for IMM5257E for Temporary Residence Visa (requesting a 10 year period of stay)

2) provide proof of parent for my mother

3) provide letter of invitation from me to my mom explaining that she will stay with me and my family

4) provide a proof that I (the inviting daughter) meet the low-income cut-off ...but here is the problem, I do not work, but my husband does. Can his proof of income work?

5) get my mother a one year Canadian medical insurance

6) undergo a medical exam, but would this be communicated to us by the CPP -Ottawa office?

7) Submit the Temporary Residence Visa application by mail to the address of CPPin Ottawa.


Did I get the process right? I am very scared to make a mistake. and what about point 4 above, what if I am not employed????


I believe that is correct but don't forget, this is very new, and they change things all the time.

You can use your family income. But your spouse will have to agree of course.
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 95606
Experience: Lawyer
Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Your Expert confirmed everything that I had been told, and didn't want to believe. Thank you for putting my mind at rest. Monika Canada
< Previous | Next >
  • Your Expert confirmed everything that I had been told, and didn't want to believe. Thank you for putting my mind at rest. Monika Canada
  • This has been very helpful. I'm glad to see that lawyers and sites like this exist. Thanks for your help. Mike Halifax, NS
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA

Meet The Experts:

  • Tom B.

    Tom B.

    Barrister & Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Tom B.'s Avatar

    Tom B.

    Barrister & Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years in practice
  • LawyerProfessor's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experienced Litigation Lawyer in Ontario since 1999 and NY since 1997
  • B.R. Hart's Avatar

    B.R. Hart


    Satisfied Customers:

    Juris Doctor, Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
  • Jeremie John Martin's Avatar

    Jeremie John Martin


    Satisfied Customers:

    I'm a bilingual attorney for the province of Quebec who goes to Court often for many clients.
  • Sokkalaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Lawyer in Ontario, Canada
  • CaptanLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I'm a criminal defence lawyer, who assists individuals charged with crimes.
  • Law Maven's Avatar

    Law Maven


    Satisfied Customers:

    Lawyer & Instructor at Algonquin Careers Academy