Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

does being refused and banned for 2yrs during student visa application

does being refused and banned for 2yrs during student visa application affect being sponsored by my wife for family class sponsor ?

Hello. Thank you for using our service. All I ask is that before you sign off, you rate me positively. If you are inclined to use the "poor service" or "bad service" options, please ask follow-up questions first and give me a chance. Sometimes the law doesn't have a good solution, but I will try hard to find it if it is available.

What do you mean you were banned for 2 years?

Are you still in the U.S.? What visa was it that you used to enter?

Have you been deported?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was deported,i mean i applied for a student permit from nigeria,and my application was refused bcos one of my document was said to be invalid

So you were deported?

And you are outside of the U.S. now?

When were you deported?

Which document was invalid?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i wasnt deported,am in nigeria,and i applied for canadian student permit,which was refused and banned for 2yrs,now my wife want to sponsor me to canada,since i was banned for 2yrs when i applied for visa,will it affect my wife sponsoring me?

Ok. You put that your state was Arizona and your question ended up in the U.S. Immigration Law forum. I will Opt Out and transfer your question to the Canada law forum. Please do not reply to me because it may delay the question being transferred. Please be patient. Thank you.
Hi there

This will most definitely affect your application. It is not uncommon for student applications to be denied, particularly if the required paperwork is deficient. However the fact that CIC has actually "banned" you for two years is concerning.

What it sounds like is that you were issued a discretionary minimum 2 year ban from entering Canada in ANY manner, whether as a student, a visitor, a skilled worker or on a family sponsorship, as a result of what the CIC determined to be misrepresentations or deception in the necessary paperwork.

In this case, you would now be barred from entering Canada at all for the next two years and you will no doubt be flagged on their system and any future application will be severely scrutinized and all information will be verified.

Please let me know if you require any further information or clarification.

Also, a positive rating is greatly appreciated if you would be so kind.
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.