Ulysses101, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment

Are canadian weddings legal in vegas???? so when we come home

Are canadian weddings legal in vegas???? so when we come home to canada are we legal ???
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Are you asking if your marriage in Las Vegas is binding and legal in Canada? You're from Canada? Did you marry a Canadian or American?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we are both canadians,,,heading to vegas.
I see.

A marriage in Vegas is valid in Canada. Keep your original marriage certificate and license and receipt for the ceremony, and register it in Canada when you return with Ottawa Records.

Congratulations and good luck.

Please accept this answer so that I may receive credit for the time and attention I've given your matter. A bonus and/or positive feedback are greatly appreciated if you're satisfied with my service. If you're on a JustAnswer subscription, please be reminded that you've already paid the site for that; the expert earns nothing until you Accept an answer, which costs you nothing more.