Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a legal question about charging someone with harassment

Customer Question

I have a legal question about charging someone with harassment and/or slander. It sounds trivial but there is this person that keeps calling and texting me calling me names and claiming false accusations about me. Although I know who the person is, I have never actually met them. I ignored it and considered changing my phone number but now they have personal information about me such as where I grew up, went to university and now where I work. They are threatening to ruin my life and call people from my community and call my employer to tell them about these false accusations to ruin my life. I tried to ignore all of this but now it is sounding serious and I would like some legal advice so I can stop this person from tormenting me. Can you offer me some advice about how to approach this situation and if it is enough for me to get a lawyer or press charges.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started