Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice

what are squatters rights in nfld & labrador regarding private

Customer Question

what are squatters rights in nfld & labrador regarding private proprety . un known to me i had proprety taken , a home built on it while i lived in ontario
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Sokkalaw replied 7 years ago.

When was this house built? When was the last time you visited your property? Do you know why the person built a house on your property? Are they claiming that they own it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
to my knowledge the house was moved there i don,t know what year or when because i was living in ontario when all this happened i lived in ontario for 25 years. i have a will as proof i owned the land i am told it has gone through different so called owners . i just need to know if i have any legal rights or no thank you
Expert:  Sokkalaw replied 7 years ago.

A will is not proof of ownership of land. Did you ever obtain title for the property?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for trying to help i don,t you have the answer to my queston closeing out now   thank you