Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

We are in Manitoba. My son has a child and joint custody,

Customer Question

Hi there, we are in Manitoba. My son has a child and joint custody, teen parents. The mother has abandoned the child this 3rd time, leaving her in his care and disappearing, now for 2 wks. The mother's family has told us that she was caught doing cocaine. CFS has not yet called us back to advise. Is there a problem with us keeping the child safe and with her father at this time?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Gimli, actually..100m north of Winnipeg
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have only given verbal messages{voicemail}many times,detailing the situation and whereabouts of the child to CFS, awaiting an Intake worker's call back. They are apparently overtaxed out here.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Is there an order for joint custody or is this by agreement only at this point in time?

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!