Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

Yesterday trial began between Children's Aid and myself. I

Customer Question

Yesterday trial began between Children's Aid and myself. I had not met up with my lawyer yet to even answer back to Children's Aid's affidavit. I emailed my lawyer last Thursday & yesterday morning. To tell him that he needed to get the matter held over until we could at least answer to Children's Aids affidavit. I didn't show up for court. The judge put a strike on my behalf because I wasn't there. What can I do about this!? This was suppose to be my trial! The judge did not even hear anything on my behalf!! So my children are going to be adopted out now!??
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

When did you learn of the trial?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!