Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

I am a year old male, two years a go i gave my daughter a

Customer Question

Hi i am a 69 year old male, two years a go i gave my daughter a lone to purchase a house
$1200.00, payed off her car lone(for mortgage purposes)and i have spent the last two years renovating the property, and making an apartment in the basement for my retirement home
total money spent by me is $49,088.00, a new furnace,upgrade the to a braker panel, new kitchen up stares ETC,. this doesn't include the money i spent traveling
back and forth to the property, $40.00 minimum per week, now she has locked me out,
and told me "i will remortgage in 18 months and pay you back", putting my retirement in jeopardy, retirement was scheduled for February 2017, my 69 birthday. Q:- can i make her pay me back now?, and would i be entitled to a percentage of the equity in the property Thank You for your time.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I just realized that this may be a duplicate. Is this a reply to another post?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!