Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.

I have a ongoing situation with my ex. We have a 15 year old

Customer Question

I have a long ongoing situation with my ex. We have a 15 year old son we separated 12 years ago. The realationship was very abuseive he has continued by financial abuse, harrasing me with the courts slandering me and threating me on social media, and over email directly to me.
He has kept me in family court for over 10 years now in a civil litigation.He has used the same law firm that is very aggressive .
I remarried had another Child who's three years old I moved away four years ago from Penticton B.C living 500 miles away to get away from the abuse.I am now separated from my husband because my ex has kept is on legal proceedings the entire time the costs and the stress over came the relationship.
My son was living with me but the move was hard on him friends wise so he moved back to Penticton where all my family is and he lives at his dad's home.
The civil action I'm in is alienating my realationship with my son the costs. Take up any extra money o have to have a genuine realationship with him as my son works three to four days a week and he goes to school in grade 10.
I have a lawyer that is representing me and my now separated husband and the lawyer will not listen to what I have to say won't address my concerns.I have emotional breakdowns when I talk to him as I have mdd a stress disorder from all of the years of trauma and abuse from the past 15 years from my ex.
I don't want my lawyer repersentimg me anymore . I need some advice and some resources I can use to help me stop what is happening to me.
I live in Wiillams lake British Columbia my name is***** 35 years old.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 19 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am not sure what you need a lawyer for.

Are you saying you need a lawyer to assist you with your second spouse and don't want the lawyer who has been acting for you with respect to the first divorce to act any more?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do not want my current lawyer acting for me. and yes I'm referi g to my ex the one who is suing me and harrasing me.My separated husband is no problem it's a amicable separation .

So what can I help you with?

Do you want me to explain what to do with this lawyer and how to find a new one?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
that would be great.

The best and easiest approach for you is to retain a new lawyer and then sign a direction prepared by the new lawyer who will send this to the current lawyer.

The direction will direct the lawyer to send your file to the new lawyer.

And your new lawyer will also serve on your former lawyer and your former spouse's lawyer a notice of change of solicitor.

That way you don't have to do a thing yourself.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and usetheir Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyerand can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:
(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok can I use these services with as pro bono I have a very small income. My separated husband will continue to use the current lawyer.

There is no family lawyer that will take on your case on a pro bono basis.

But there are plenty of excellent family lawyers that take on some legal aid clients so you should contact legal aid to see if you are eligible:

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 18 days ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?