Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.

My daughter is 13 years old and has lived exclusively with

Customer Question

My daughter is 13 years old and has lived exclusively with me for 2 and 1/2 years. She does not want to live with or contact her mother. Can a court force her into an unwanted relationship with her mother?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.

What province are you in please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nova scotia

Nova Scotia there is no way to compel a 13-year-old child to live or visit with any one she does not want to visit. At 13 the police will not compel her to do so.

It is not at all likely that the court will make an order against your daughter's wishes 13. However, even if they did that order is for you and not for her. So long as it does not appear that you are the one that is trying to breach the order the mother will not be able to do a thing if the daughter herself refuses to see her.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?