Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

My situation is that I have a child whose mother took her

Customer Question

My situation is that I have a child whose mother took her and left over 5 years ago. I've had no contact at all. The mother went back to West Virginia knowing I am legally unable to cross the boarder. I am seeking a change in the court order so that I don't pay spousal support and I'm seeking custody of my daughter. I need to speak to someone on the phone asap. 1(###) ###-####
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

Should I go ahead?

I can opt out if you like as I cannot do the phone call as I've just explained but there is no family lawyer in Canada that will agree to speak to you on the phone through this site.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much but I need to speak to someone on the phone.

I will opt out.

I hope things work out for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well I need help but thank you
If you later decide to go ahead I'm happy to try to help you by posting up and back over the site. You are free to wait for as long as you want to see if someone else will answer and agree to call but I can tell you that that isn't going to happen. So you can either not bother with the experts on this site for this particular question and retain your own lawyer or you can decide to go up and back with me and if you let me know that I will opt back in. But really it is entirely up to you.