Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

My husband has 2 kids from a previous marrage and I have one

Customer Question

My husband has 2 kids from a previous marrage and I have one from previous.
Does my husband have to pay the full amount of child support for the 2 or do we take into consideration my child as my husband pretty much is his dad.
Also my husband makes a base salary of 90,000/yr but get commissions quarterly. how would we calculate his child support on this as he can't afford to pay what he make annual with his commissions on a month to month basis.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 months ago.

No other child is taken into account for child support purposes. Even if you have a biological child together the support for his first children does not go down.

The support can be based on last year's gross income and adjusted each year. This is the fairest approach. The commissions get averaged out.

Does that explain the law (even though it is not really what you wanted to hear)?

I am a senior family lawyer and I want to help as much as possible but you need the right answer of course.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.