Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

My boyfriend shares joint custody with his ez wife.

Customer Question

My boyfriend shares joint custody with his ez wife. He had her served a few weeks ago bc she has been denying him extra access when asked as he only gets the kids Saturday to Sunday. She has to control everything including his life. He filed for 50/50 and is awaiting court. Today he got served with a contempt order bc i babysat the kids on sunday while he was at work. His court order states "the over night visits shall take place only at the fathers residents and he shall be present" exact words. However before me he had a girlfriend and for 3 years she would watch the kids on sundays without an issue. So my question is how much trouble is he in? What jail time could he recieve? Fine amount? Her whole contempt order is about me not one word about the children. Is there anything he can do??
Thank you
Chantel
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  ulysses101 replied 7 months ago.
Hello, thank you for the question.How old is this order? What court in what province made the order?Is her contempt motion only regarding that babysitting issue? How old are the kids?This incident of babysitting, was it an overnight? The term you quoted is clear that it refers to overnights, but you weren't clear as to whether your babysitting was an overnight or not.