Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.

Before I bail my adult son out of major

Customer Question

Before I bail my adult son out of major financial/potentially legal trouble, can I have a contract drawn up between us to ensure (as much as possible) that he repays me in a timely fashion?What sort of lawyer would help me with this?Thanks!
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 6 months ago.
Yes. It is very possible and actually quite common to have someone sign an agreement before they are provided with a loan. You would need any lawyer who is available and not that expensive to draft a very short and simple agreement for you. This is a very basic type of contract, and you do not need any sort of specialist to draft it.