Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

Me and my husband are separated .I live in India with our 8

Customer Question

Me and my husband are separated .I live in India with our 8 yes old son and he lives in Canada.in2014 his mother took our son to Canada on account of his summer holidays and then my sons return ticket was cancelled.I had to seek legal help in India , file a case, fly to Canada , file a case there as well .the court gave a verdict that by hen child neesss to be returned to me as he has been wrongly kept in Canada . the court also said thatvwe need to settle our legal matters in India first. Ourvlegal matter in India is still pending and we are looking at possibility of mutual settlement. My husband wants to take my son again for summer vacation this year and I am worried thatbhe couldvrepeat his act agai. Pleas advise can he legally dobthat , will it have a legal implication on him . we are both PR currently . In 2014 he was in Vancouver and now in Ottawa
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 8 months ago.
Is there a court order that allows him to travel with your child to Canada?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not yet
Then you don't have to allow this and given his conduct last time I don't see why you would take a chance again. They way he acted was not in the best interests of the child and look what you had to do to get your son back. Unless there is an order that requires you to allow this you are in charge and you have to do what you think is best for your son. Does that help?