How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 98900
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been back and forth to the court house as you know

Customer Question

I've been back and forth to the court house as you know I served the motion to ex boyfriend he agreed to it went to the courthouse they said they would have to wait 4days for a response then it would be Friday and if the judge was busy he wouldn't even see it so we left I do not know what to do. The lawyer I had and let go did not even see that my travel consent and court dates conflicted. I cannot get help from legal aid flic or the lawyer I want to represent me cannot help me until legal aid issues another certificate pre trial is April 4 and I do not have representation and am ignorant on the law can I get a lawyer to represent me just for one appearance and ask for an adjournment and who would do that do you have any any suggestions on how I can get help the supervisor at the courthouse basically said it's too close to trial to adjourn I find that very hard to believe she is treating me that way because I don't have a lawyer can you give some direction where I can go my family would pay something to a lawyer just to step in until legal aid kicked in
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I think you should pay the lawyer to seek the adjournment as it is not possible for you to go ahead.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will a lawyer just do one appearance for an ajournment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems impossible to find someone is there any special organizations which can do this
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I was suggesting using the lawyer you are going to retain but you could use any lawyer and one that needs clients will do it.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Try the lawyer referral service.

I am going to have to go offline as I have a wed dding to attend but will check back either much later tonight or else tomorrow. I don't celebrate Easter so I will be around.

Related Canada Family Law Questions