Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

My divorce was finalized in Quebec in 2010..The divorce

Customer Question

My divorce was finalized in Quebec in 2010..The divorce papers are wrong and neither of us appealed.It states that he is responsible for house payments and up-keep..I have a mortgage on the home and have been paying it..Now here's the problem..When we were splitting assets and debts back in 2010 the existing mortgage was not taken into account so it was worked out that I would owe him $35000. within 6 years..I paid 10,000 at time of divorce which leaves 25000 remaining to be paid..I did not realize at the time of splitting assets/debts this error occured although I'm sure he did..Do I have any recourse?
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that there was an agreement or that the court made this decision?