Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

I have a 2 year old son and I am separated from s father -

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old son and I am separated from his father - with no intention of getting back together. I also have a parenting court order as well as child support court order.
His access is every other weekend which the father is very inconsistent with. He hasn't seen his son since the second weekend in November 2015. The father has since moved from his residence and moved in with a new girlfriend.
The parenting order is very specific in that he is to parent at a certain address (Not the new girlfriends) He no longer lives at the specified address.
Since September 2015, I have received threats from his girlfriend to stay off her property and that she would serve me with a court order to stay off her property, I am unable to see her house to ensure it is ok for my son such as proper sleeping arrangements etc. The threats stemmed from me telling the father that I do not want my son travelling in her car because she smokes in her car with her children's car seats in the car. I had let Oliver go to the new girlfriends twice - both times came home smelling like smoke with no explanation from his father. My son was also made to sleep on a futon - not a proper bed in my opinion. At what point can I get sole custody? The father clearly does not want to make an effort - and I have given his many alternatives to see his son -
he is behind over $3000 in support which I know that is not cause for him to not see his son. Please help.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 9 months ago.

Are you actually asking about sole custody or are you asking about restricting access?

I just answered you on your other post. I not sure why you think I am in the US. I am a senior family lawyer in Canada. Please go ahead.