How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 97986
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am living with my common law wife years and we own a house

Customer Question

I am living with my common law wife for 19 years and we own a house together. I have been seperated for 19 years but have no kids and no legal seperation. Do Ineed a divorce just in case when Idie my ex will get everything instead of the woman I am with now that I love?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province are you in please?

Do you have any assets that you hold in your name and your former spouse's name as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Ontario. I do not have any assets with my ex wife
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You don't need a divorce.

The time has long, long passed for your former spouse to seek a division of assets.

She has no claim to your assets or your estate.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. You have saved me alot of money and grief.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Take good care.

Related Canada Family Law Questions