Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister and Solicitor Retired cop Crisis Negotiator Drug Expert
38596469

How do I arange so my 2 children can have cell phones so I

Customer Question

How do I arange so my 2 children can have cell phones so I can talk to them I'm on bail and under house arest they are living with there mom I am charged with assault s266cc
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 10 months ago.

Good Evening

I assume then that your release conditions prohibit you from communicating with their mom or from being around the residence.

If you are not prohibited from communicating with your children, then there is nothing to prevent you from sending them a package including phones, to the home. I would not do so if they are rather young however. Also, if you were to do this, you would make sure that there is nothing about the package or any accompanying letter that could be construed as being communication with your ex, either directly or indirectly, otherwise you'll get breached.

Alternatively, you could always ask a third party to provide the phones to the kids so that they can contact you. This would probably be safest.

Ultimately, you do not want anything to be misconstrued as any form of communication either direct or indirect with your ex, otherwise you'll be charged and be back in custody.

Also, if you are involved with the Family Courts, you can seek to have this facilitated through the Family Court process.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating.

Jim

I see that you were back in yet left no response.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information I have provided or if you require something further.

Also, please leave me a positive rating

Hi, I spent the time answering both of your questions, however you've not provided me with a rating on either. If you would please take a moment to do so, this would be appreciated, given that I took the time to assist you with your inquiries.

Jim