Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

What do I do if my ex-spouse is transfers our child to a

Customer Question

What do I do if my ex-spouse is transfers our child to a different school without my consent?
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

Is there an order or agreement with respect to custody and access and if so what does it provide?

What province is this please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is ON.
I have full custody and kid is already 17 years and residing at fathers place last 5 year.
Now we having case conferences because of retroactive child support ongoing ...father is applicant
and suddenly he transferred kid no informing me...and in school he provid wrong info about mother's name- another person...

Do you mean that there is still an order giving you sole custody but the child has still been living with the father for the past five years?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it did not changed yet, but even if father has full custody- should he inform me before or when he is changing school ?

If the father has sole custody then the father has the sole right to make decisions about the child's education.

The father should inform you where the school is and you have access to all of the educational information the same way the father would have but he does not have to inform you before making a decision if he has sole custody.