Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

Im a canadian permenant resdency holder im living outside

Customer Question

Hi ,im a canadian permenant resdency holder im living outside canada im pregnent and planing to get birth inside canada ,my husband is not canadian resdenent what is required to get birth in canada and i need my baby to have canadian passport
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 11 months ago.

I am not sure what you are asking.

What do you mean when you ask what is required to give birth in Canada?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I mean if my husband dosent have PR Any extra requirment expect from his passport copy

What is his citizenship?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He is qatari and he got easly visit visa to canada

All he needs to enter Canada is the visa and his passport.

Your baby will automatically be Canadian if born in Canada and so the child will be able to get a passport as of right.

You will only have to wait until you get a copy of the birth certificate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do they required a certifed marriage contract becuse our marriage contract is in arabic or only one canadian guarantor is enough to certify that he/she knowing us since two year as i read in the requirment ,plus if we wantvto travel back after birth and we need to get the passport urgently ,is there any quick procedures to get it withn 3 weeks by maximum

Why do you believe you need the marriage contract? What would you be using that for?

It is not going to be possible to get the passport in three weeks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok if there is no need for the marriage contract thats fine ,is there any way to get it in three week as we have to travel back please

I don't believe you can get it in three weeks.

It will take a bit longer than that to get the birth certificate as far as I know.

Once you have that if you can provide proof of why you need the passport urgently then you can the get the passport in two days.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In which setp they need the presence of the father as he has to join back home and i can follow the paper alone

The father has to sign the passport application but that can be done at once. You just cannot file the application until you have the birth certificate.

The father does not have to sign the birth certificate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you mean the father has to be attended in the step of passport application which should be done after getting birth certifecate which need two to three week to be ready ?

No.

The father does not have to be there.

He can sign the application ahead of time and then you can mail it in or take it in (if you are in a hurry still) yourself.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks so much

You are very welcome.

Good luck with the birth!