Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

My sister and her husband farm with s brother Marty. The

Customer Question

My sister and her husband farm with his brother Marty. The farm is a corporation, but the brother was married and for the last four years has been working to finalize a divorce. Marty passed away suddenly, and within hours of being told about it the ex wife has said she is coming out to lock everything up and freeze bank accounts because everything is now legally hers. I have two questions,
1. Can My brother in law file some kind of court action to keep her off the land and out of Marty's house until everything is settled with burying him?
2. If Marty has been trying to settle a diviorce for 3 years, but she just wouldn't sign anything, does she still have claim to Marty's estate?
Thanks
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?