Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice.
28667836

I have a date of separation can my husband and lawyer demand

Customer Question

I have a date of separation can my husband and lawyer demand information previous to that separation date is that legal?
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that you are legally separated from your husband? Could you tell me in what state the separation took place and was there a legal order entered by a Court?

Also what kind of information does your husband and/or his attorney want? Is it related to taxes or bankruptcy??

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I just recognized you are in Canada. If this took place in Canada I will need to opt out as I am not familiar with Canadian law. Can you confirm the matter took place in Canada? If so, I will opt out and your question will go back to the group. Do note that you should not reply after I opt out as that will delay the process.

Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

What kind of information does your spouse want, and going back how far?

Expert:  ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm here if you want to discuss your matter.

Ulysses