How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 98005
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Family Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In case of a divorce, in Canada (quebec province) do I have

Customer Question

In case of a divorce, in Canada (quebec province) do I have to split my r.r.s.p.
Under my name, with my wife? My advisor made me sign a form that is supposed
to be a spousal r.r.s.p. How do I go about to cancel the spousal r.r.s.p.?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You would both share equally in all assets acquired during the marriage so it doesn't matter whose name is ***** ***** to the RRSP.

I hope that clarifies the issue.

Related Canada Family Law Questions