Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I have a notice of hearing next Tuesday at 1100, The Queens

Customer Question

I have a notice of hearing next Tuesday at 1100, The Queens Bench Family division, we have been separated from 2011, she works in Toronto y I work in Winnipeg, she is being back and forth from Toronto and Winnipeg, however, her life has been in Toronto not in Winnipeg, she is asking the court to pay her 1500 from my salary, and also claims that I owe her money from different situations, not entirely true, she is presenting some letters that I wrote to her telling that I don want to live with her anymore, one got my signature forged.
Any comments.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Is this her first attempt to get support?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

How has she been supporting herself since 2011?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, please let me know when the family lawyer is available, otherwise I can write my questions, here right?
And thank you for not charging me for the telephone call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She works for this company called Metro in Toronto, she does this job on a part time basis and also being there since 1983, she was flying back and forth from Toronto and she had my support to pay the bills down there. On September 2011 my youngest son Michael and her decided to move to this city so I rented a big truck and brought everything from Toronto, She wasn't happy in this city and sometimes she commented that she hated this city, sometimes I said to her I don't like when you are talking bad about this city, who gave the opportunity that never had in Toronto.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She still loves her job and loves Toronto, she got all the family there, my 3 boys Carlos 32, Hugo 30 and Michael 20, Carlos and Hugo are already married and the three of them support themselves. They are not in my account anymore.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying she is deliberately underemployed? Did you earn more than she did when you were together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She claims that she is sick that's why she doesn't look for full time employment. And also to the second question yes, if you allow me I can send the documents that I received from the Marshall.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I cannot review them but does she provide proof that she is sick? How long were you married for? Is this supposed to be for an order for interim support? Is this a motion pubs first appearance or what exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she does not provide anything that she is sick, we were married according to her claim On June 25, 1983 and separated on May 23, 2014, which is not entirely true cause she was not here on permanent basis, just in an out because of her work and family responsibilities with her granddaughter. And yes according to the notice of hearing it says: Pursuant to the Inter- Jurisdictional Support Orders Act.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you prefer we can talk on the phone tomorrow morning, is that okay? I work very early and my bedtime is approaching. And for the record my ex has been sick since day one, all kind of sicknesses, migraines, dust, headaches, tiredness, bad humour, bad attitude, negative thoughts, and recently she was discovered Diabetes 2 and also something called fat liver. She was not a walk on the park.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to talk on the telephone because the rules of my law society prohibit it. I am still not quite clear as to what is supposed to happen at the hearing. It sounds to me like she may already have an order for support and is seeking to enforce it against you. Is that possibly true?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She filed this Notice of Hearing on January 26/15, that's fine and I got this legal documents 2 weeks ago, my question is I filed for Divorce on April 13/15, bad news I prepared everything and I meant to send to her, unfortunately I didn't, my question is can I present it at court on my hearing date or it's pretty much irrelevant?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You have to have someone other than yourself serve her with s divorce application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to tell you that she is harassing my girlfriend she sent her a picture of herself from an anonymous Facebook user, can I present that picture in court as a part of my case?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Yes but only if it is relevant.