Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

My ex and I were granted shared custody of our handicapped

Customer Question

My ex and I were granted shared custody of our handicapped son, who is now 27 years old. I have him for 95% of the time, because his father works. My current husband works too. We cannot go anywhere without my son, unless we pay for a caregiver and pay for his transportation for his job. My husband and I very rarely get the chance to get away for a few days, the last time we did this was 4 years ago! It is putting a strain on our marriage and the ex doesn't feel like he should have to share costs. Is there any point in taking him to court? My ex husband is making very good money, lives alone and has no expenses.. What can I do? I am at the end of my rope.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in?

Does your son receive governmental disability benefits?