Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a practicing lawyer and have also been an online professional for 5 years.
10263656

I come from Cambodia. I would like to ask you a question. at

Customer Question

Hi. I am Nghia.I come from Cambodia. I would like to ask you a question. at the moment, i have a tourist visa to Canada for 7 years"' multiple"' i want to know how long i can stay in Canada for every entry . If maximum for one entry just 6 months, i need
to leave Canada before 6 months? When i travelled to America, they gave me a stamp with the exact date for for entering and leaving the country in 6 months; However, When i travelled to Canada they just gave me a stamp for the entering day and i did not have
a date on my passport for leaving Canada"' But they said to me by their mouth Not over 6 months for one entry. I would like to know that If i stay in Canada 1 or 2 years with my Lover for the entry, Whether i am called illegally to stay in Canada? they will
catch me about that i overstay? while my visa is valid for 7 years. Although I know that if i stay so long in Canada it is very very complicated for me to enter Canada again in the future. Please help me for my question. Thanks so much in advance.
Category: Canada Family Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

It is not permitted to stay in Canada legally for more than 6 months at a time. If you overstay and are caught you could face removal and even be banned from returning.

But you can apply for an extension during the six months if you like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
although my tourist is valid for 7 years multiple"' I can not stay for over 6 months for every entry?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

No you cannot as you cannot visit for longer than that.

You are not allowed to move here on a visitor's visa. You can just visit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get married with my tourist visa with Canadian when i am there"' it is legal? if possible how long i can have a green card and how long i become a citizen?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can get married in Canada. There is no doubt about that.

We don't have green cards here. You can be sponsored by your spouse and it will take about two years but you can remain here during that time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the way, what documents should i prepare to get married in Canada?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You need to apply for a marriage licence in the city you are planning to get married in.

But this line of question is not a follow-up question so I cannot continue on this post.

If you need more help about getting married then please rate these answers and then start a new post.